Do you see a challenge in turning (big) data into real business value? Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit to enhance data so you can deliver new Data Science related products and services? Do you fancy statistics? Do you want to contribute to new business models ?
We’ll give you the opportunity to:
- Contribute to the digitalization of industrial, retail and logistic service providers;
- Work on innovative use cases such as Predictive Maintenance and Process Mining;
- Enjoy an environment with many highly technical colleagues, with sufficient room for own initiatives;
- Develop your craftsmanship as a data scientist by using state-of-the-art technologies.
Your tasks and responsibilities
Identifying business value:
- You connect with business owners and process experts to understand and address their data and analytics needs;
- You are able to translate their needs and challenges into concrete value and growth hypothesis and get stakeholder buy-in to validate them;
- Together with relevant domain and subject matter experts you are capable of defining appropriate experiments that allow you to quickly and iteratively validate your hypothesis and define the possible business case.
Realizing business value:
- You bring together differently structured data from a variety of sources in order to validate your hypothesis;
- You perform ad-hoc Data Science experiments by using common sense, statistical techniques, predictive analytics and machine-learning;
- You can turn your findings into actionable insights which you can clearly communicate towards your (business) stakeholders.
Grow business value:
- You productize successful Data Science solutions/services and embed them into standard solutions and processes in order to realize the improvement of the competitiveness;
- You act as change manager and Data Science evangelist in the Digital Transformation journey to become a more data driven organization;
- You are the go-to-person for Data Science related challenges and questions.
- Master Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research or Data Science;
- 3-5 years relevant work experience;
- Experienced with Data Science methodologies, like CRISP-DM;
- Familiar with big data frameworks and programming languages (R, Python, Spark);
- Business sense allowing you to act as sparring partner of business stakeholders;
- Team player with strong communication skills in technical and business domain;
- Passion and drive for finding new insights in vast amounts of data;
- Since you embody “Fail fast, learn faster” you act agile and iterative whilst assuring your results are correct and accurate.
If this challenging profile appeals to you, apply now by filling in the application form and uploading your CV and cover letter. For more information about this vacancy, please contact Hans Hendrikx.Apply